Hey ! Welcome to NagarholeNationalPark.org. In this post, You will know all the information related to Nagarhole National Park Entry Fee and Timings.
Nagarhole National Park (also called “Rajiv Gandhi National Park) is named after the word ‘Nagarahole‘, which means Cobra Snake + River = Cobra River, according to Karnataka State Language i.e Kannada.
This river runs towards the East from its centre, which is located in between the two places Mysore and Kodagu in Karnataka. In the year 1995, this river is constituted as a Sanctuary covering an area of 258 Square Kilometers. In the later years, the adjoining areas in Mysore are included and were given a status of “National Park” in the year 1983.
Address: Madikeri Road, Hunsur, Karnataka 571201
Area: 642.4 km²
Elevation: 960 m
Park Entry Fee & Safaris
First of all, there is no entry fee to enter the park. You can casually go inside park and have your time. The only is thing you need to enter details like ‘Name, Vechile Registraion Number and Number of Visiotrs’ in a record.
( UPDATE – They collect the Entry Fee, which varies frequently, around Rs.250/- which depends on the Nationality of the Person )
A couple of roads passes through the park, which is made available every day at 6:00 am and until 6:00 pm throughout the year.
The usual timings of the park are 6:45–8:45AM and 4–6PM. ( Six Forty-Five to Eight Forty-Five in the Morning and Four to Six in the Evening )
Inside the park, you can go to an extent by walk or a vehicle. But if you want to go deep inside, you will need to go on a Safari. In the past, people used to go on private safaris ( Private Vehicles ) but they were banned by the government in the year 2011.
Safari Timings and details –
Now there are two options to go on Safari Trips –
- Forest Department operates mini-bus safaris from the Veeranahosahalli. The buses depart early in the morning from 6 a.m to 8 a.m. On the other trip, they depart in between 3-5 pm. The Fee is Rs.300/- if your Nationality is India and Rs.1,100/- if you are a foreigner. Usually, these are not as comfortable as Jeep Safaris.
- On the other hand, there are Jeep Safaris, which you can book online or in nearest hotels. Jeep Safaris are much comfortable and therefore offer thrilling experiences. They depart from Kabani River Lodge and the departure time is 6:30 am in the morning and 3:30 pm in the afternoon. The fee for Jeep Safaris is Rs.1500/- for an Indian Individual and Rs.2250/- for foreigners.
The Safari ride will be approximately for 1 hour.
Furthermore, They don’t confirm the safari bookings and they may be cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather, heavy rains, less manpower or vehicles available.
Resource – Nagarhole National Park Safari Guide
Points to note –
- There are two routes to access the Park. To access the north check post of the park, one need to pass along Hunsur and you can access the South check post of the park through Kutta.
- If you arrived the park on a Vehicle and ready to go on a bus safari, then you need to park your vehicle near guest houses or in Resorts
- In addition, If you have much interest in spotting different animals rather than sightseeing, then plan a trip in summer.
Note – If you find any above-mentioned information is outdated, please inform us